When shooting, it’s important to have stability so that the photos or videos might appear clear. That’s where tripods come in place. Not only do tripods help to hold the weight of the camera, but they also offer added stability to the camera that you might not get by holding the camera with your hands.
When in the market for the best tripods for Sony a6000, a5100, and a6500, it’s critical to know which features to look for so that you can get only the best tripod.
This article will look at some of the best tripods in the market, and highlight key features that make them stand out from the rest.
- 1 Top Picks Tripod for Sony a6000, a5100 and a6500
- 2 Top 7 Tripods for Sony a6000, a5100 & a6500 Reviews
- 2.1 1. Our Top Pick – SIRUI Mini AM-223 Tripod
- 2.2 2. Runner Up – Neewer 72.4 Inches Tripod
- 2.3 3. Best Budget – Victiv 81 Inches Tripod
- 2.4 4. Second, Best Budget – Mactrem 62 Inches Tripod
- 2.5 5. Best Value – Manfrotto MK190XPRO3-BHQ2 Tripod
- 2.6 6. Second, Best Value – Vanguard Veo 2 265CB Tripod
- 2.7 7. Best Priced – Amazon Basics 60 Inch Tripod
- 3 Things to Consider Before Buying A Tripod for Sony a6000, a5100 & a6500
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- 5 Recommendations
Top Picks Tripod for Sony a6000, a5100 and a6500
Top 7 Tripods for Sony a6000, a5100 & a6500 Reviews
1. Our Top Pick – SIRUI Mini AM-223 Tripod
- Reversible ¼’ <-> 3/8’ thread.
- Semi-automatic leg angle lock.
- Ergonomic pull button.
- Arca Swiss compatible head clamping system.
- Light carbon fiber tubes.
This tripod is known to many photographers, especially those who prefer shooting outdoors for many reasons. From stability to an impressive lifespan.
This tripod is made of carbon fiber tubes, which not only makes it light to carry but also very stable and strong to handle different weight loads. It also comes with a semi-automatic leg angle lock which allows you to adjust the height within seconds.
The non-slip rubber feet help to keep the tripod in place when shooting, and they would come in handy when shooting on a wet surface. The rubber feet also come in handy in keeping the camera stable, allowing you to focus on the object more.
Although the tripod doesn’t come with a center column, it can still adjust up to 13.8”. However, you can still add the center column if you want more height. You can mount different cameras on this tripod and even smartphones, although you’ll have to purchase a smartphone holder separately.
The 360 degrees panorama base allows you to rotate the camera when shooting without having to move the tripod.
- It can support more weight up to 22 pounds.
- It’s very light weighing only 1.62 pounds.
- It’s very easy to use.
- You have to purchase a center column and a smartphone holder separately.
2. Runner Up – Neewer 72.4 Inches Tripod
- The tripod should be stable to hold your camera safely.
- The tripod should be light of increasing its portability.
- The tripod should be affordable.
- The tripod should be readily available in the market.
- The tripod should be made from high-quality materials to make them last longer.
Neewer camera tripod is also another tripod that you should think of buying for your Sony camera. The tripod is very sturdy since it is made from carbon fiber. This tripod is mainly best for people who are professionals in photography.
This is because it requires you to master some skills of operating the tripod before you buy it. As a result, if this is your first tripod, then it is not easy for you to operate it. The tripod is a bit small and very light also.
The tripod weighs 3.4 lbs. For this reason, you cannot use it if your camera weighs more than 3.4lbs. This is because the camera can only support the cameras that weigh 2.6lbs.
The small size of the camera and its lightweight makes it portable. You can either carry it from your pocket or the camera backpack. The tripod extends to a height of almost 66.5 inches. This is not a perfect height for tall people and hence can be used by medium and short people without straining.
The tripod can also be converted into a monopod. In case you love shooting at low angles, the tripod is perfect for you. Its center column makes it easier since it can be inverted. It also has a ball head, which has two locks.
Since it can rotate for 360 degrees, you can adjust the tripod to any angle that favors you. The tripod also features a quick-release plate. The plates make it easy for you to switch the camera anytime you want to change them.
- It is portable due to its small size and little weight.
- It is durable.
- It can be easily converted into a monopod.
- The tripod does not have a hook for any additional accessories you carry.
3. Best Budget – Victiv 81 Inches Tripod
- The tripod must be compatible with all the Sony cameras.
- The height of the tripod, when extended, should allow tall people to have an easier time checking at different angles.
- The tripod should make your photography perfect.
- The tripod should last long.
- The price of the tripod should be fair to all the buyers.
One of the best types of tripods for your Sony camera is the victiv camera tripod. The tripod is perfect for Sony cameras. The height of the victiv camera tripod can be extended to a height of about 72 inches. This makes it one of the best tripods that any Sony camera user can use.
However, the tripod is mainly recommended for taller people since they can never face any problems when they are adjusting the angles of this tripod. The tripod has a 3-way swivel head. It can be easily adjusted since its plates can be quickly released.
The camera is also medium-sized, and hence you can easily travel with the tripod since it can fit in your camera backpack. The only color that you can find for this tripod is blue, but it’s beautiful and amazing. Its design also makes the tripod for the Sony camera look fancy.
The tripod is made of aluminum alloy, and hence it is light in weight as compared to another tripod for Sony cameras. The aluminum alloy also plays a vital role in making the frame of the tripod durable. The tripod can support any camera that is 7.2lbs.
The tripod can also be converted into a monopod just in case you want to use the tripod for outdoor photography. For this reason, it is one of the best travel tripods.
- It is light in weight.
- People of different heights can use it.
- It is affordable.
- It is perfect for indoor and outdoor photography.
- It can be converted to a monopod.
- It has quick-release plates.
- The center column cannot be inverted.
4. Second, Best Budget – Mactrem 62 Inches Tripod
- The ball head of the tripod should allow the tripod to be easily set up for the camera.
- The tripod should be made using quality material that can support a load of 33pounds.
- The center column should be easily inverted so that the tripod can be portable.
- The tripod should help the user have quality photographs and videos.
- The tripod should be easy to operate to accommodate all photographers.
The mactrem tripod is the second-best tripod for the Sony cameras on our list. The tripod is also made of a high-quality aluminum alloy that makes it very durable but at the same time light.
This makes the mactrem tripod portable, and hence if you are willing to taking part in any photography works outdoors, you can carry the tripod with you. The tripod is mainly used in the studio and hence the name mactrem tripod.
The tripod can rotate 360 degrees since it has a 3-way pan head. It is also known for its high stability. Hence, in case you are looking for a tripod that will hold any of your Sony cameras, the tripod is the best tripod to think about. It also has quick-release plates making it easy for you to do any attachment or detachment required on the tripod.
The four-section legs that the tripod has are what give it the stability that it has. This makes you trusty the tripod even more with your camera and photography. When you are using the tripod, you will be assured that there is no production of blurred images.
The stability level of this tripod gives you the chance to use your camera in any type of photography without minding the kind of ground you will be placing the tripod on as you take pictures.
The center column of the mactrem tripod is detachable, and hence you can adjust the height of the viewfinder by moving the column either upward or downward. The tripod is also foldable, and therefore you can carry it when you want to move out of your studio for outdoor photography.
- It is foldable.
- The prices of the tripod are affordable.
- It is light.
- It is very stable.
- The tripod can be easily portable.
- It has accuracy issues.
- Leveling the camera on the tripod is hectic.
5. Best Value – Manfrotto MK190XPRO3-BHQ2 Tripod
- The tripod should be stable as long as you do not mount a heavy camera.
- The tripod should be affordable for beginners who cannot afford expensive tripods.
- The tripod should be perfect for indoor and outdoor photography.
- The tripod should be easy to operate.
- The tripod should be easy to carry from one place to another.
The Manfrotto tripod is also perfect and especially for people who are not used to using tripods. For this reason, in case you are a beginner looking for the best tripod for you, then this should meet your photography needs. The price of the tripod is also meager.
This makes it perfect for any person who does not have so much money to purchase a tripod for a Sony camera. The tripod is made of aluminum, which makes it weigh very little. It is also very stable and sturdy on the ground. The feet of the tripod is made of rubber.
This makes the tripod to be perfect for indoor photography. For this reason, in case you do not do too much outdoor photography, the tripod is an ideal tripod for you. The tripod also allows you to switch between cameras with a lot of ease because it has quick-release plates.
The tripod is also perfect for anyone who is using Sony cameras of small sizes, and hence it is not efficient for anyone with big and bulky Sony cameras.
This tripod can only hold a camera that weighs around 3.3 lbs. For this reason, in case your cameras weigh more than this, you will need to get another tripod for a Sony camera. Apart from using a small-sized Sony camera, the tripod can also hold smartphones that weigh less than 3.3lbs.
The tripod is also very stable, but you must always make sure that you do not use it with a camera that exceeds 3.3lbs. This is because the camera might fall and break. Its head is a joystick and can tilt and hence helps you in capturing amazing photos.
- It is portable.
- It is stable.
- It can hold heavy cameras.
- It is light.
- It is perfect for indoor photography.
- It is durable.
- It cannot multitask.
6. Second, Best Value – Vanguard Veo 2 265CB Tripod
- The tripod should accommodate any extra weight and remain stable.
- The tripod should be affordable.
- It should meet the photography needs of photographers.
- The tripod should always be stable for better photography and stability of your camera.
- The tripod should be easy to attach and detach.
One of the best things with the vanguard 265CB tripod is that unlike other tripods for Sony cameras, the tripod can support heavier cameras. The tripod weighs about 2.9lbs, and hence its weight can support any camera that weighs less than 17. 6 pounds.
The tripod has a maximum height of 9 inches, a minimum height of 7.25 inches, and a folded height of 16.4 inches. It has 5 section legs, which have twist locks. The tripod also has a loop that makes it stable when an extra load has been added to your tripod. The vanguard 265cb tripod has 3 knobs that play 3 different roles. This includes:
- Locking the tripod.
- Panning the tripod
- Controlling the friction of the tripod.
The tripod also has a center column system that enables you to set the center column system and the legs of the tripod with a lot of ease. The tripod is extra light since it is made of light materials. The materials also make it durable, and hence you can be assured of the durability of the tripod before buying it.
The twist-lock system that features on the tripod makes it easy to lock its fast and stand in a stable position. Its legs are like tubes, and hence they can extend smoothly and precisely.
The legs of the tripod can be adjusted either at 20 degrees, 45 degrees, and 80 degrees. The tripod also comes with a tripod bag that you can easily carry the tripod from one location to another.
- The tripod is sold at a friendly price.
- It is portable.
- It is durable.
- The tripod can hold heavier cameras.
- The tripod is more stable.
- The tripod does not rotate at all angles.
7. Best Priced – Amazon Basics 60 Inch Tripod
- Quick release mounting plate.
- Adjustable height legs.
- Two built-in bubble views.
- Versatile and compatibility.
- Adjustable center post.
This tripod is very popular among beginners and experienced photographers as well. Many people love it due to its versatility and simplicity. The design of this tripod is what attracts you the most the first time you come across it. The aluminum alloy not only gives it an aesthetic appeal but also adds to its strength and durability, allowing it to withstand a lot of pressure. The sturdy frame makes it ideal for outdoor use.
The quick-release mounting plate makes it easy to mount and dismount the camera within seconds, which comes in handy when shooting in a hurry.
The adjustable height provides you with a much-needed height, especially when you want to shoot objects at different heights. Not only do you get the option of adjusting the legs, but you can also adjust the center post, and can get up to 48 inches in height. Non-slip feet provide you with more stability, especially if you’re shooting on a wet surface.
The performance of the tripod might appear basic, but it’s also worth a mention. The two built-in bubble view levels work together with the 3-way head, allowing you to move and tilt the head to cover 3600 angles without needing to move the tripod around. This helps you to capture different objects around your set without needing to move the tripod around.
- It’s very light in weight.
- You can adjust more height.
- It’s very sturdy and durable.
- It can only support 6.6 pounds of weight.
Things to Consider Before Buying A Tripod for Sony a6000, a5100 & a6500
Buying tripods is not an easy task, especially if it is your first time buying tripods for your photography. There are so many types of tripods that you could end up buying without finding any benefits in any of them.
As a photographer, you must make sure that you perfect your selection and get the best tripod. Most of the people who use Sony Alpha Cameras find it challenging to get the best tripods, yet they are in the market. The only thing that will help you get the best tripod for Sony Alpha Cameras is having a buying guide and going through it.
However, most people buy their tripods without reading the buying guide, and they end up making huge mistakes. In case you do not want to make any mistakes when buying a tripod for Sony Alpha cameras, you will need to make use of the following buying guide.
Check on the materials used in making the tripod
The best tripods for Sony Alpha cameras are made of quality materials. There are tripods of both good quality and also low quality. For this reason, you may buy a tripod that is made of low-quality materials.
Secondly, there are different types of materials that are used in making the tripod. The variety of materials used in making these tripods for Sony Alpha Cameras will determine the durability of the tripod and also its weight.
For this reason, you must check on the type of material that is used in making the tripod you want to select for your Sony Cameras. Some of the most used materials are aluminum and carbon fiber.
Find out the load capacity of the tripod
The Sony Alpha Cameras in the market today are of different weights. You must find a tripod that will support the weight of your Sony camera. This will require you to research the different tripods for Sony Alpha Cameras.
While you are researching, ensure that you compare the load capacities of the different tripods for Sony Alpha Cameras. This will help you select a tripod that can support your tripod without any problems.
Consider the size and weight of the tripods
The best tripods for Sony Alpha Cameras are of different weights and sizes. There are small tripods, light, heavy, and others are big. The weight of the tripod will determine whether you can easily carry your tripod from one place to another.
The size of the tripod on the other side will decide whether you can carry your camera from your pocket or your camera backpack. This is why it is essential to check the size and weight of the tripod before buying it.
Get a stable tripod
One of the essential features of tripods is that they should be stable. You must consider looking at the stability of the tripod you are buying before you make its purchase. The stability of the tripod you buy will determine whether your camera is safe on the tripod and whether your photography will be better or not.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
What to look for in a tripod for a Sony camera?
Ans: When you bear buying a tripod for your Sony camera, there are several things that you need to consider. This is because the manufacturers of these tripods are mainly aiming at getting profits from their sales.
For this reason, they will manufacture even tripods that are of low quality or that have not reached the expected standards. You must be sure that the tripod you are buying for your Sony camera is the best. Some of the things that you need to look for in a tripod for a Sony camera include:
The size of the tripods
The different tripods that are meant for your Sony cameras are of different sizes. Some are small, while others are big. The size of the tripods determines the category that the tripod falls in. The following are some of the types of Sony camera tripods according to their sizes:
- Mini tripods: The mini tripods are the kind of tripods that can fit in your pocket.
- Travel tripods: They are medium-sized tripods. The size of the tripods makes it easy for you to carry them using your camera backpack.
- Studio Tripods: The studio tripods are large tripods that can hold the heaviest cameras. Carrying them from one place is not easy and hence is mainly used in the studios.
The fact that the tripod for Sony cameras is of different sizes requires you to decide on the size of the camera that you will buy. You must consider the size of your camera, its weight, and also whether you engage in indoors or outdoor photography.
The weight of the tripod
The weight of the tripod is determined by the type of material that is used in making the tripod. For this is why some of the tripods are light while others are heavier. You must check on the weight of the tripod before buying it.
The stability of the tripod
A perfect tripod for your Sony camera must be stable. This is why you will need to make sure you look at the stability of the tripod you are buying before buying it. Get a more stable tripod.
There are other additional features that you should check in a tripod before buying it. This includes the height of the tripod, center columns, hooks, type of head, type of legs.
It is always essential to make sure that you buy the best tripod on the market. At times people buy the wrong tripods because they do not take their time to find the best tripod. To avoid making such mistakes, it is always advisable that you read a buying guide and also know what to look at when you are buying your tripod.
Consequently, also remember, you should also consider your photography needs first. Always make sure your needs are met by the type of tripod you will buy for your Sony cameras.
- 7 Best tripods for Nikon d3300, d3400 & d3500 (Reviewed 2021)
- 7 Best tripods for canon 60d, 70d & 80d (Reviewed 2021)